New and Recent Videos in the TTAP Library
These video titles are available from TTAP for loan or purchase.
For more information, please contact TTAP at 1-800-252-7623 or TTAP@utk.edu.
- Best Practices: Crack Filling/Sealing (19m, Ohio DOT, 2011). Capturing best practices for maintenance operations has just gotten easier with a series of best practice training videos starring maintenance crews from around the state of Ohio. With its first release Ohio DOT Best Practices: Crack Filling/Sealing, viewers will join Caught in The Act Carl on a trip to Fayette County to learn how ODOT performs its crack filling maintenance procedure.
- Best Practices: Culvert Replacement (20m, Ohio DOT, 2012). Viewers join a maintenance crew in southern Ohio as they replace a large corrugated metal pipe with a plastic pipe. The video begins with a description of the necessary planning and preparation including the coordination with other sections of the department. The viewer is then taken to the site where video describes the pavement cutting, excavation and removal of the old culvert and the grade setting, installation, compaction and paving elements that are all part of a successful culvert replacement.
- Median Barriers: A Solution to Cross-Median Crashes (18m, FHWA, 2008). This informational DVD is intended to introduce you to the various options that are available to help mitigate cross-median collisions.
- Rumble Strips: A Sound Investment (14m, FHWA, 2007). This informational DVD on shoulder and centerline rumble strips is intended to introduce you to a cost effective treatment that has been proven to provide results by saving lives.
- Successful Roadside Revegetation Using Native Plants (23m, FHWA, 2011). This DVD showcases the various native plant revegetation techniques that were successfully used in several roadway projects including projects in Glacier National Park (Montana), Cascade Lakes (New York), and the Molly Stark Scenic Byway (Vermont).